Biligiri Rangana Hills (BR Hills) is a hill range in Karnataka approximately 175 kms south east of Bengaluru bordering Tamil Nadu state. BR Hills is a tiger reserve and wildlife sanctuary.
● Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple: Main temple inside BR Hills, dedicated to Lord Ranganatha.
● Forest Safari: Jungle Lodges & Resorts in coordination with the forest department operates jeep safari into the BRT wildlife sanctuary twice a day (6 AM to 8 AM and 3 PM to 5 PM). Elephants, Sloth Bears, Gaurs, Malabar giant squirrels, wild dogs and deer’s are common animals seen during forest safari, with potential to spot tigers.
● Bird Watching: BR hills is home to over 250 species of birds.
● Elephant Bathing: Local Mahuts (caretaker of elephants) give a bath to the elephants under their care in a pond located near Jungle Lodges K Gudi campus. Visitors can get a close look.
● Viewpoint: A sunset viewpoint offers a great view of the Western Ghats and sunset.
Timings to visit BR Hills: BR Hills is a reserve forest and entry is allowed only between 6 AM and 6 PM.
How to reach BR Hills: BR Hills is 175 kms from Bengaluru and 90 kms from Mysuru. Mysuru is the nearest airport and railway station. BR hill needs to be reached in your own vehicle or taxi.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR HOTEL BOOKING:
Please Note: Reservation once amended cannot be further amended or cancelled; also the amendment to reservation would be only for date and room type and shall include change of Hotel, within the KSTDC’s Mayura Group of Hotels.
Cancellation policy for hotel booking
Cancellation during off season, i.e,. January, February, March, July and August, the cancellation Policy shall be as follows